Hi BRNCDA, may the 4th be with you.
I’m honored to be with you all today and hope I can add some value.
My bio: Life-long car/truck guy who’s dad’s first job was at Hub Ford in Atlanta. I’ve spent 25 years designing schools and educational tech, 15 years building electric motorcycles, & 8 years driving/hacking electric cars.
I’m an active angel investor in EV related stuff, including the largest used EV battery power plant in the US, a medium-duty EV truck conversion co, and a rural charging company.
I also teach classes for drivers on going electric when it makes sense for them. I’ve just started teaching classes and advising dealers, general contractors and electricians on related topics.
Matt Candler mattcandler.io 504 939 5932 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Clean Fuels Louisiana
I just took over the New Orleans Drive Electric chapter, so I’m covering for the Clean Fuels Louisiana team. Ann’s running an impressive team and she’s on top of her game. She should be in your contacts.
Ann Vail | Executive Director | Louisiana Clean Fuels | 225-281-7353 | louisianacleanfuels.org
Here are Ann’s key bullet points for today:
- You DO NOT have to ever pay LCF or join to get help.
- DriveElectricLA.org: Getting listed for our Dealership program is free. It costs X (I’m checking) to get a logo: www.driveelectricla.org/find-an-ev-dealer
- Dealership program - we want to help you sell cars and navigate all the funding that is (or isn't) available. There are NO State incentives for EVs or chargers; there is federal $.
- We post updates on funding, grants and incentives on our LCF website. We send out notices when there is a new opportunity. Have them sign up for the newsletter on the LCF website or give us their cards and we will sign them up.
- Sweet links:
Here are Ann’s slides on EVs, charging, and where we’re headed.
EVs vs ICE
Today - Electric catches up
Winemaker goes from high energy bill to added profit using his Nissan LEAF's solar energy storage capabilities
Facing rising electricity costs that climbed to around $6,000 a year, one winemaker decided he had had enough. Joseph Evans first installed a solar energy system to power his entire property while the sun was out. However, he wanted to take it a step further.
Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) Tech Saves Boulder $270/Month
Today the City of Boulder and Fermata Energy released the results of how one Nissan LEAF saves the City of Boulder $270/month in energy savings, by using the stored energy from the LEAF to power their rec center. That is equal to the monthly payment for the LEAF.
Can vehicle-to-grid facilitate the transition to low carbon energy systems?
Vehicle-to-grid (V2G) is when electric vehicles (EVs) provide services to the power grid, such as shifting when they charge or discharging to serve peaks loads. At scale, an aggregator can coordinate and optimize the charge and discharge of individual vehicles to function as a synergistic, bulk energy resour
- Norway hit 5%… then Europe hit it….We just hit it….